Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Second Song of Isaiah


Seek out Yahweh while he is still to be found, 
call to him while he is still near.  
Let the wicked abandon his way 
and the evil one his thoughts. 
Let him turn back to Yahweh who will take pity on him, 
to our God, for he is rich in forgiveness;  
for my thoughts are not your thoughts 
and your ways are not my ways, declares Yahweh.  
For the heavens are as high above earth 
as my ways are above your ways, 
my thoughts above your thoughts.  
For, as the rain and the snow come down from the sky 
and do not return before having watered the earth, 
fertilising it and making it germinate 
to provide seed for the sower and food to eat,  
so it is with the word that goes from my mouth: 
it will not return to me unfulfilled 
or before having carried out my good pleasure 
and having achieved what it was sent to do. - Isaiah 55:6-11 
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever.  Amen.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Recall the Ancient Paths.

Emily