Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Recent Feats of Memorization

Isaiah 12

That day you will say, I give thanks to you, Yahweh.  You were angry with me, but your anger is appeased, and you have given me consolation. See now, he is the God of my salvation.  I have trust now and no fear for Yahweh is my strength, my song; He is my salvation.  You will draw water joyfully from the springs of salvation, and that day you will say: Give thanks to Yahweh!  Call his name aloud!  Proclaim his deeds to the people!  Declare his name sublime!  Sing of Yahweh, for he has 
done marvelous things!  Let them be made known to the whole world!  Cry out for joy and gladness, you dwellers in Zion, for great in the midst of you is the Holy One of Israel!

Psalm 15

Yahweh, who can find a home in your tent?  Who can dwell on your holy mountain?  Whoever lives blamelessly, who acts uprightly, who speaks the truth from the heart, who keeps the tongue under control, who does not wrong a comrade, who casts no discredit on a neighbor, who looks with scorn on the vile, but honors those who fear Yahweh, who asks no interest on loans, who takes no bribe to harm the innocent, who stands by an oath at any cost.  Whoever does these things shall never be shaken.

No comments: